Research and Development Marketplace
Is your organization seeking or offering research and development (R&D) assistance? Would you like to inform the world about your interest, so suitable suitors can approach you with offers? Then establish a R&D profile on the ScaleUP marketplace today by completing the template form below.
We systematically market and publicize the ScaleUP marketplace via communications to global economic development agencies, technology parks, on search engines and via social media to bring high visibility to our customer profiles helping you cross-fertilize qualified ideas, needs, expertise, opportunities, and resources among the US and the global business community.
We work hard so you don't have too!
WHAT IS RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT (R&D)?
Research and development is the systematic study an organization conducts to either create new products or services or improve their existing products or services. In Europe, R&D is known as Research and Technical Development (RTD). R&D can be done by private, public or government organizations. Research is normally differentiated into basic and applied. Basic research pertains to understanding the fundamentals of a subject matter and is the first step for further research. Applied research is the study to normally take basic research and use it to create new products and services. R&D can create valuable innovation called Intellectual Property (IP) in the form of patents and copyrights. IP can create a business opportunity which leads to revenues and profits. R&D involves more risk and therefore there is an expectation of higher reward which is measured in terms of return on investment. The US government has defined standards for a maturity of a research technology called Technology Readiness Levels (TRL). They range from TRL 1 (scientific research) to TRL 9 (system operational).
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ADVANTAGES:
Typical advantages of research and development include:
- Create new products, services, business opportunities and markets.
- Improve existing products, services, business opportunities and markets.
- Offer a unique selling point, competitive advantage and differentiation.
- Reduce existing cost, risk and improve profits and revenues.
- Improve productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of the company.
- Create intellectual property enabling private investors to fund /buy a company.
- Create an opportunity to collaborate with other parties like join ventures.
- Many governments give tax incentives, deductions, and grants for R&D.
- Successful R&D efforts enhance the brand, reputation and value of the organization.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT BEST PRACTICES:
Here are the typical steps in concluding a research and development agreement:
- Decide if research and development are the correct contractual vehicle.
- Develop a succinct research and development strategy and execution plan.
- Post research and development sought/offered profile on ScaleUP.
- Screen solicitations received by conducting preliminary interviews.
- Discuss and agree to the research and development concept with the finalist.
- Conduct comprehensive due diligence of the finalist.
- Negotiate the research and development agreement terms and conditions.
- Sign and launch the research and development program per execution plan.
The above guidelines are for general guidance and not a substitute for formal management, legal and fiduciary advice. Please contact and engage professional research and development experts, legal counsels and financial experts during the research and development finalization process.
Profile Purchase Process:
Step 1: Preview the online profile form by clicking “Add to Cart” button below.
Step 2: Copy and paste the form in a text editor like Microsoft Word.
Step 3: Draft quality content for the form within the suggested word count.
Step 4: Review your content for accuracy, grammar, and spellings.
Step 5: Cut and paste content from the text editor to the online form fields.
Step 6: Submit online form by clicking the “Add to Cart” button on the form.
Step 7: Click Check out cart on the top left of the screen.
Step 8: Complete check out details and make the purchase.
Post Check Out:
Step 9: You will receive an email order confirmation from ScaleUP | Launch Dream, LLC USA.
Step 10: We will review your content, format and post your posting on the marketplace.
Step 11: You will receive an email link of your public profile in the marketplace in 7-14 days as order gets fulfilled.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and Apple Pay via Stripe secure payment engine.
Sample Customer Receipt: Here is an example of the sample customer receipt you will receive via email after placing the order (actual receipt may vary based on your content and the template used).
Sample Customer Profile: Here is an example of the sample customer profile that will be published after placing the order (actual profile may vary based on your content and the template used).
Duration of Posting: Posted opportunities are live in the marketplace for one year from the date of the posting.