The Artificial Intelligence (AI) CoE enables agencies to develop AI solutions to meet unique business challenges by incorporating machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing, intelligent process design, and robotic process automation (RPA) across the organization. The AI COE provides strategic tools and infrastructure support to rapidly discover use cases, identify applicable artificial intelligence methods, and deploy scalable solutions across the enterprise.
About GSA and AI CoE
- What does GSA do, a quick introduction?
- Why was the AI CoE created and what are its roles and responsibilities?
- How does the AI CoE work with government agencies to execute projects?
- How does a CoE AI Agency project get started?
- How can the industry partner with AI CoE to help deliver its mission and objectives?
- Can you discuss how the AI CoE can work with industry to collaborate on agency projects?
Opportunities and Challenges
- What are the big opportunities for implementing AI in the federal government?
- What are the big challenges for implementing AI in the federal government?
Data and Standards
- Has the AI CoE explored introducing open standards for AI-related data collection and distribution?
- Has the AI CoE explored creating a unified data platform for federal AI-related data collection and distribution?
AI Programs and Projects
- How are AI CoE programs and projects funded?
- Can you talk about AI CoE’s guidance to agencies on establishing AI program offices?
- What agencies currently have AI program offices?
- Who leads agency AI projects, CIO, CDO, or are there new Chief AI officers?
- Can you talk about AI CoE’s guidance to agencies on initiating and implementing AI projects?
Case Studies and Use Cases
- Can you talk about some of the case studies and use cases for AI implementation in agencies?
- Is there any guidance from the AI CoE to industry on working with the federal government?
Eric Ewing has over 8 years of experience in data, analytics, and artificial intelligence initiatives. Eric has served as a senior advisor to multiple federal Chief Data Officers, providing leadership, guidance, and expertise into enterprise modernization initiatives. With the CoE, Eric consolidates and organizes long and short term strategy for data and AI while leading initiatives for the management of data as a strategic asset. Prior to joining the CoE, Eric was a data scientist and senior consultant leading key analytics programs, AI research and development, and IT supply chain security initiatives with both private and public sector partners.
Krista Kinnard is the Director of the Artificial Intelligence Center of Excellence in the Technology Transformation Services within GSA. Since 2019, she has led the team that is enabling agencies to develop AI solutions to meet unique business challenges by incorporating machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing, intelligent process design, and robotic process automation (RPA) across the organization. Krista also serves as the AI lead with the Artificial Intelligence Community of Practice (CoP). The AI CoP is a government-wide Community of Practice (CoP) harnessing the advancements and accelerating the adoption of AI across the federal government. Before becoming the Director of Artificial Intelligence Center of Excellence, Krista worked as a data scientist where she partnered with federal agencies to build AI solutions.
Nitin was a presidential appointee and the award-winning, nationally recognized federal CIO for the US Department of Transportation (US DOT) where he provided IT leadership, vision, strategy, policy, and oversight for US DOT’s more than $3.5 billion annual IT portfolio. Nitin is the founder and CEO of Launch Dream, LLC, an advisory program for Venture Capital Firms, Funded Technology Startups, Contractors, and Consulting Firms interested in growing in the US Federal Government sector. Launch Dream also runs a global digital “Federal Business Accelerator” and student-focused Career Trajectory” program on its digital platform “ScaleUP USA.”
Interview with Eric Ewing and Krista Kinnard at GSA AI COE
Resource 1: Artificial Intelligence for the American People
Resource 2: Government by Algorithm: Artificial Intelligence in Federal Administrative Agencies
Resource 3: Artificial Intelligence: Emerging Opportunities, Challenges, and Implications for Policy and Research
Resource 4: Technology Assessment: Artificial Intelligence: Emerging Opportunities, Challenges, and Implications
Resource 5: Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare: Benefits and Challenges of Machine Learning in Drug Development
Resource 6: Evidence-Based Policy Making Act
Resource 7: AI in Government Act
Resource 8: Federal Records Management
Resource 9: Federal AI Research and Standards
Resource 10: Artificial Intelligence for Government
All Programs, Government Contracting, Business Expansion
Federal Business Accelerator (Program Bundle)
Federal Business Accelerator Program Bundle | Start, grow, and accelerate your federal contracting and supplier business! A comprehensive program bundle with multiple relevant programs. Best value. Updated regularly.